Saturday, 27 April 2013

MUA Kit: MAC Face and Body Foundation Review

Hi beauties!

I hope you're all well!! So I'm finally back after a busy, but exciting past month and I've got a lovely long list of fab products I want to review - so here it goes with the first one.

Now any aspiring make up artists know that building your kit is a little daunting. Having to whittle down your products to ensure you have something for everyone is no easy task, and I wanted to be able to turn up to shoots knowing I have the right products to do the job.

I spent so many hours researching, reading reviews on foundations as I felt this was the most important staple in my kit that I didn't want to make the wrong decision on. Now as I've mentioned before I want to work on mostly bridal and photoshoot work, so for me the foundation I use needs to work hard. It needs to last, not look cakey or too heavy on camera but also give that glow and not look flat - I want my clients to look like them but at their very best!

So the best place I found for these kinds of discussions was ModelMayhem - I just love seeing what other artists have in their kit! This is where I came across MAC Face and Body (I know, I know - it's nothing new), but I was drawn to it by the fact that it was water-resistant and long wearing.


Now I'd say this foundation really is reserved for those good-skin days. It's a buildable low to medium coverage, and gives a really natural finish. If it's full coverage your after, this simply wouldn't cut it; I did read about one artist who'd taken this on a job and the model needed a little more coverage than she'd anticipated and it just didn't look good on camera - the last thing you want is the photographer needing to go to great lengths to touch up the photos.


They come in a huge 100ml bottle which is amazing value, but for the purpose of building my kit and space-wise I opted for the 50ml at £20.50 - even though I know it's not as much of a good deal. But I thought it's always good to give something a try before you invest too much. 

The shade range is quite good, and I think MAC Pro do a white shade so you can further custom mix, as for my fair, fair skin even the lightest shade is a tad too dark. For my kit I got shade C1, C3, C5, N1, N3 and N5 as this was a recommendation for a starter kit. Having used it on a recent shoot, I also suggest going slightly lighter than you think you are as it does tend to oxidise after you've put it on.

A few tips with this foundation: give it a good shake before you use it and I also read to keep it in the fridge as it the formula stays good for longer that way.

I'd love to hear if any one has any recommendations for a more full coverage foundation - needs to be long lasting and good on camera?

I'm working hard on building up my portfolio and have had some great opportunities come up - ladies, I can only stress that if you have a passion for something, go out and get it!! I've just had my logo designed - let me know what you think!


Thanks lovelies!

Samantha 

xo

8 comments:

  1. Are you a make up artist. Were looking for make up artists to try out make up looks on us for my sisters wedding. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to get into make-up artistry full-time once I get out of college, so this is a great review! & The logo is lovely, such a nice colour.

    - Sho
    http://shonalouxo.blogspot.ie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, love your blog!

    <3

    Do you want to follow each other?


    www.POLINEFASHION.pl

    ReplyDelete
  4. your new logo is great :)
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think a good full coverage, yet dewy foundation would be laura mercier silk creme :)


    http://blondeambition3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try this foundation, it has been on my wish list for a while :)

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is stunning. those mac products are amazing.


    would be nice if we followed eachother

    ReplyDelete
  8. This site is to much immpressiv and atracted also good job an keepit up.

    logo company in Pakistan
    Logo design online in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...